Wie entwickelt sich Leben und Arbeiten in unserer modernen Gesellschaft? Dieser Frage widmete sich HUAWEI bei einer Gesprächsrunde im Berliner Soho House anlässlich der Präsentation des neuen Huawei Mate 8. Mit dabei war Männermodel und Karl Lagerfeld-Muse Baptiste Giabiconi, der im Interview einige Fragen zum “New Style of Business” beantwortete. Ich lasse das einfach mal auf Englisch stehen, Ihr versteht das ja sowieso:
- What is your favorite style trend at the moment?
501 jeans / doc martens / pull marinière
- Which is your most used piece of technology?
- If you could create an app to solve any day to day problem, what would it be?
A app for preparing food at home ;-)
- What do you love most about your Huawei phone?
The finger print function behind the phone for which enables you to take selfies more easily.
- You must have such a busy schedule! Do you use any apps to keep yourself organized?
I use an app called sunrise which is an alternative to an inbuilt calendar
- What is the secret to be the most successful model on social media
The secret is to keep it simple, to be completely honest with your fans and not to include fake content. It’s all about being authentic.
- The Mate 8 has a 2-day battery life, with all of that time NOT spent charging your mobile, what would you do?
I would enjoy life more!
- We’re all pretty addicted to technology now a day – what are your technology must haves?
To be honest my phone is my only must-have, everything else I could do without.
- You have so many careers single, model and business man – which one are you most proud of?
I’m proud of all them to be honest! I am proud because I have put in a lot of hard work and have sacrificed a lot to get where I am. But I honestly believe – no pain, no gain.
- You’ve got a day off and can choose any city to spend it in, where would it be, who would it be with and what would you do?
I would spend my perfect day off with Karl in Rome, and I’d go shopping!
- Whose celebrity style do you admire most?
I love Pharrell’s style
- Who is your favorite celebrity?
- Who is your favorite male and female model?
Female models it’s Kendall Jenner 100% And male it’s me of course ;-)
- Who is your favorite new designer?
Olivier Rousteing, he’s my friend and a genius and we work a lot together!
- What is the best piece of advice that someone in the fashion industry has ever given you?
To always be honest.
- How has modelling for Chanel changed your life?
Chanel IS my life!
- Who is your favorite Chanel muse Kendall/Cara?
Kendal and Cara- I can’t choose between them, they’re both special
- Taylor Swift has a ‘Crew’ which include Gigi Hadid and Karlie Kloss. Who is in your crew?
My crew which consists of: Karl, Ricardo + Olivier + my cat Gibson.
- Do you prefer to be phoned, e-mailed or instant messaged?
I prefer to be messaged.
- Do you ever switch off and how do you relax
I actually never switch off, I’m always on.
- What has been the biggest driving force in your career?
Having faith in myself
- Where do you see yourself in the future once you have stopped modelling?
Enjoy life more and also working on my building business.
Ein kleiner Einblick in die Männermodel-Fashion Welt und seine eigene Work-Life-Balance. Danke dafür, Baptiste!
Following the recent launch of the HUAWEI Mate 8 smartphone Huawei hosted a panel event at Soho House in Berlin to talk about how working and live are changing in today’s business world. Among the panel talking about ‘The New Style of Business’ was male model and Karl Lagerfeld muse Baptiste Giabiconi. He has answered a few questions, which give a little glimpse in fashion business and his own work-life balance. (you can find the interview above) Thank you, Baptiste!